The MH ShareThis Module grabs the latest counts of your friends/fans/followers etc. from your favorite social media networks and displays them on your Joomla website.
It is the perfect solution to encourage more users to join your network!
Tested on Joomla 1.5, 1.7, 2.5
Disclaimer: WE ARE NO LONGER SUPPORTING THIS PROJECT
- Google+ (beta)
- Tumblr (beta)
- Pinterest (beta)
- Feedburner (beta)
- Joomla (JomSocial/Community Builder)
- Facebook Page Like Count
- Twitter Follower Count
- YouTube Subscriber Count
- Google+ Follower Count (beta)
- Vimeo Follower Count
- Tumblr Follower Count (beta)
- Pinterest Follower Count (beta)
- Feedburner Subscriber Count (beta)
- Total Registered User Count (Joomla, JomSocial, and Community Builder)
- Install ShareThis via the Joomla Extension Manager (in the top menu, hover over ‘Extensions’ and then click ‘Extension Manager’)
- After successfully installing ShareThis, you will see a confirmation message.
- At this point we have installed the ShareThis module, however by deafult new modules are not enabled, so we’ll now enable the module.
- In the top menu, hover over ‘Extensions’ and click ‘Module Manager’.
- Use the ‘Filter’ feature to find and select the ShareThis module.
- Under ‘Details, select the ‘Position’ and ‘Status’.
- Under ‘Menu Assignment’, configure appropriately.
- Under ‘Basic Options’, configure approriately.
- That’s it. You’re ready to go!
I’ve installed the plugin and now my website is blank!
Did you leave the Twitter username blank? If so, even if you are not using Twitter, fill it in. Use any username (ie. twitter). We are currently looking into this issue.
Where do I obtain the “Twitter Authentication settings”?
According to Twitter’s new security policy you will need four credentials (Consumer Key, Consumer Secret, Access Toke, Access Token Secret) to access data from your twitter account. These fields are mandatory. Go to https://dev.twitter.com/apps/new to create your Twitter Application (free).
We can’t really offer any support for third party plugins as we most likely do not have experience with them.
v1.0.12 for J1.7 and J2.5 (2013/08/13)
Twitter API upgraded to v1.1
v1.0.11 for J1.7 and J2.5 (2012/10/23)
Removed count for RSS Feedburner, API permanently offline
v1.0.10 for J1.7 and J2.5 (2012/09/25)
Added Total Registered Users on website
v1.0.9 for J1.7 and J2.5 (2012/09/18)
Works with all major browsers!
Cleaned some code
v1.0.8 for J1.7 and J2.5 (2012/09/12)
Added Pinterest (beta)
New jQuery ToolTip
Cleaned some code
v1.0.7 for J1.7 and J2.5 (2012/08/11)